Our event is held in a remote region and the conditions can be harsh. Much of the area has poor connectivity and network. For your safety, we require participants in the 100K and 50K category to provide us adequate proof of their ability to test our course. Please note that your registration will not be confirmed until we receive proof of qualification from you.
In the event that you do not provide proof of qualification by the deadline of October 23, 2022, we will automatically move your entry to 30K.
We are a not-for-profit event and we plan our expenses based on the registration fees that we collect. As a result, we will not refund registration fees if you are unable to participate in the category that you registered in because you have not qualified. Your entry will be automatically moved to the 30K category in this case.
We realise that there are scores of events and many different combinations that could qualify you. We cannot list all of these options here or on the registration form. Feel free to reach out to us via email in advance for any clarifications. From our perspective, we are simply seeking to know whether a participant is sufficiently trained to endure our event. Our Race Director’s decision is final and we request prospective participants to respect our qualification requirement for your own safety.
Any one of the following:
- You are a FINISHER in ANY category of any previous edition of the Malnad Ultra
- You have completed TWO Full Marathon events in 2022 in less than 5 hours each
- You have completed TWO self-timed Full Marathons in 2022 in less than 5 hours each
- You have an ITRA Performance Index > 375
- You have accumulated > 300 points in ATM Championship Rankings 2022
- You have completed at least one Trail Ultra of 60K or more in 2022
- You have completed at least one (road or stadium, for example) Ultra of 75K or more in 2022
Any one of the following:
- You have PARTICIPATED in ANY category of any previous edition of the Malnad Ultra. A DNF is okay, but not a DNS!
- You have completed ONE Full Marathon event in 2022 in less than 5 hours
- You have completed ONE self-timed Full Marathon in 2022 in less than 5 hours each
- You have an ITRA Performance Index > 275
- You have accumulated > 250 points in ATM Championship Rankings 2022
- You have completed at least one Trail Ultra of 30K or more in 2022. Please note that we require ‘trail’ runs.
We accept all registered participants for 30K and there is no pre-qualification
How to Submit Qualification Proof?
We accept only ONLINE LINKS as proof of qualifications. Note that we do not accept screenshots, image files, PDFs of Finisher certificates. Here are some examples of online links that are acceptable:
- Link to online timing of an event (must show your category and bib)
- Link to sites like Strava or Garmin Connect (for self-timed runs)
- Link to your ITRA profile or ATM site
You can submit your qualification proof in the field(s) provided during online registration. You can also complete your registration in advance and submit your qualification proof via email by October 23, 2022.
Please note that we will not send you any reminders and if we have not been able to verify your qualification, we will automatically move your registration to the 30K category. You will not get a partial refund for the difference in registration fees.
We manually verify each and every proof of qualification. Your entry will be confirmed after we have completed this process and you will receive a separate email confirming your registration. This process can take several days and we request your patience. For those of you who are able to submit proof in late September and October, your confirmation might reach you in the first week of November only. Be patient!